03 October 2008

Post-debate thoughts

So last night I watched the debate with Jenn and some of the folks from her program.

Way back when it was first announced, my reaction to the Biden pick was that it was ...disappointing. A 35-year Senate veteran, an old white guy. Boring, safe choice. Politics as usual. I'd met Biden at an event at the Dole Institute for Politics, and he was pretty much your standard older politician.

I take it all back. It was a brilliant choice by Obama.

Joe did an absolutely amazing job against Sarah "Please won't she stop winking" Palin. He was respectful, knowledgeable, and didn't hesitate to point out when she just didn't answer the question. So amazing.

And then there was this:



I'm with Rachel Maddow on this one: all her folksy-just-a-nice-hockey-mom persona is right down the tubes when she responds with that "John McCain's a maverick" thing without any acknowledgement of the human moment than came just before. I guess they didn't give her an index card to read in the case of Joe getting weepy.

1 comment:

August said...

Palin hurts my soul.

No jokes, no snappy phraseology.

She really does...