03 April 2010

Heat Wave by Richard Castle

Heat Wave Heat Wave by Richard Castle

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This is pretty much exactly the kind of book I expected Richard Castle to write. It's funny, it's short, and it has many sentences that start with "And." It also has more name dropping of consumer items--perfume, booze, etc--than any book I've read in recent memory.

That said, this book was an incredibly fast read, and I enjoyed the whole thing. It did prompt me to wonder, though, if I were Kate Beckett, and I read this book, how on earth would I face Richard Castle at work the next day? It's like finding out your work buddy writes slash about you that he posts on the Internet. :)

I'm not sure I would recommend anyone buy it, but to check out from the library or borrow from a friend? Sure!


View all my reviews >>

2 comments:

Roby said...

Exactly! Though I actually bought it in hardback because I couldn't wait. Thoroughly enjoyed it, as much for the "meta" aspects as the "episode" nature of the story. Good stuff. I love that Nathan Fillion's pic is on it as Richard Castle, author. Makes me giggle.

Kristen said...

It makes me curious about the book that was written by someone who crashed on Oceanic flight 815 (from LOST.) I heard rumors that it was good, and maybe even written by King or one of his contemporaries.