28 September 2008

Starting here...

Now that I am in my thirties*, I thought maybe I would move my blog from LiveJournal--bless them--to here. This way, I avoid most of the teenage drama that seems to infest even the people who run LJ, even though those people are ostensibly adults. This place, while lacking some of the things I loved about LJ--like icons!--will let me do my blog thing for free. Free, when you're a poor-as-church-mouse first-year law student, is a very good thing.

My LJ is due for renewal in a month, and I'm going to hold off on doing anything about it. I'm going to leave that blog there for archive purposes, but the new stuff will be happening here. We'll see if I keep reading over there, or if I just add my friends to my Google reader and convert to Google products completely.

*Really, it's not about that, though I do feel like I'm getting a lot older than most of the community lately. Is that strange?

4 comments:

August said...

Free is a powerful motivator when you are poor. I truly understand that.

As an avid Blogger user, welcome!

Unknown said...

That it is. And this has a certain gravitas to it that my LJ just didn't. Even when I tried. :)

Anonymous said...

Bookmarked the page - my only concern is that I've heard Google reader openly posts whatever you have on it for anyone in your contacts to see, and that would be problematic for locked posts.


Erin

Unknown said...

LJ is free too if you don't pay for icons... Anyway, I've subscribed to this so I won't miss out.