28 December 2009

Cast in Silence

Cast in Silence (Chronicles of Elantra, #5) Cast in Silence by Michelle Sagara West

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Though this is my least favorite series that Michelle Sagara West has written, it's still very good, and I continue to enjoy it. It's shockingly light on the romance for a title published by a division of Harlequin, and though there are a couple of places I thought we were headed that direction, it never quite got there.

I feel like I am in the minority in preferring Severn to Nightshade, though I thought Nightshade was better in this book. Kaylin has struck me as painfully childish in previous books, and every novel seems to move her farther from those behaviors that annoyed me at the start of the series.

This book was very good, and I am ready to read the next book in the series. Should be out sometime this coming year!

View all my reviews >>

No comments: