07 December 2009

The Innkeeper's Song

The Innkeeper's Song The Innkeeper's Song by Peter S. Beagle

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Peter Beagle is an author I should read more of. His "The Last Unicorn" is one of my favorite books, as well as having been made into a cartoon that was in nigh constant rotation during my childhood. In fact, I still own it today.

This book had moments of startlingly beautiful prose. Whole chapters as finely wrought as any in genre fiction. But sometimes it was inscrutable, holding me at arms distance, a mean feat for a book comprised of short, overlapping first person perspectives. I wonder if this isn't a book too delicate and subtle for my law school brain at the moment, and so I am promising to reread it soon.

You know, this summer, or after the JD.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: