14 November 2008

Wrath of the Lich King

I haven't talked about it at all since I moved from Live Journal to here, but I play World of Warcraft. This week, a new expansion came out, complete with new content that will allow me to level my characters to 80.  Also this week, my friend Jared stepped down at the Guildmaster of the guild we encouraged him to found over two years ago.  He asked me to take it on, and I did so (with a little trepidation.)

Balancing law school and WoW has been a challenge, though not an insurmountable one.  I've watched Jared deal with some fairly silly but time-consuming conflicts as GM, and I worried that it would be the same thing for me.  To prevent that as much as I could, I took steps to promote a few more people, and I am going to try to delegate a few more responsibilities to the old and new officers.  One of my new guys is a military officer, and he loves his chain of command.  I'm thinking I have just the folks I need to stand between me and the rest of the guild to make this work, but I have an eye on promoting a couple more folks...

Heading the guild's going to be interesting.  I'm hoping I can fill the shoes he left, and that people's faith in me is deserved.

Do you think I can put this on my resume?

1 comment:

nightyear said...

"Extensive experience volunteering in a group leadership role in a dynamic social environment. Regularly called upon to mediate conflicts, organize complex initiatives, and delegate tasks to other volunteers. "

*grins*